Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bye London, I will miss you soooo much!

Sorry it has been such a long while since my last post. We went on traveling and I did not have access to the internet. Well...we did, it's just that I wasn't willing to pay thirty euros for an hour.
So on the advice of my mom I have decided to wrap up my summer adventure in three installments. "Goodbye London (the one you are reading right now)," "Hello Berlin," and "Merci Paris." The last two will pop up in the days to come.
So after crossing Abbey Road I took my parents to a pub and we all had fish and chips. All except Em, put she's not a fish eater. Anyway, I believe my dad had a good birthday!
The following day, the folks, and Auntie Karen hit Windsor Castle, while I hung out in my dorm room. Watched some Freeks and Geaks on surfthechannel.com. So Good!
Then they made the long treck from central London to my school. They got the grand tour (here's my room, there's the mansoin), and then we all went to my favorite Italian restaurant. How sad is this, our waitress (my third time in a row having her) remembered what I ordered and then gave me a hard time because once again I didn't finish my plate. I loved it...felt like home!
The following day we trained it out to Bath. We got to actually sit down and have tea at the Jane Austen Museum, and leisurely see all the sites. It was a great day.
That night Emily came out with my friends and I to the Zoo Bar. We shared a pitcher of Sex on the Beach and really bonded....it was another good night.
The next day was my last day. The family did the sites while I went with my friend Dorothy to take pictures of her crossing Abbey Road (since I am a seasoned veteran). We then stopped off at a Thornton's Chocolate and got ice cream. If ever in your life you get a chance, do it!
That night was the river cruise. Such a great last hoorah! We hopped on a little river boat and floated down the River Thames. We went under the tower bridge three times. It was magical!
Then we went back to school where they had the bar open and the DJ grooving. But no one danced. Everyone was sitting...sadly. It was such a sad night, filled with lots of tears. The summer camp on alcohol was comng to an end, and we were all going our separate ways. It was so sad.
The next morning (far too early) I met my family at their hotel, and then I took my last tube ride to the airport. So long tube, I will not miss you. Although I loved the tube, and how efficiently it got me everywhere I needed to go, after six weeks, I was ready to ride above the ground where you can breath.
We got to the airport, and then loaded on to the plane. And then like magic Ron Cymanski came sauntering down the aisle and sat down behind us. We were on our way to Berlin!

What did I learn while "studying" abroad today? I can't wait to see everyone from the program at our reunion in Vegas next year!

No comments: