Wednesday, July 9, 2008

It's raining, it's pouring, thank goodness no one is snoring!

Been a while since my last post. Always the same excuse: I have been extremely busy, having way too much fun! What am I going to do when I have to go back to the real world? I don't even want to think about it.
Sarah and I went to Camden Town on Saturday and did a little shopping. The rest of the night was pretty uneventful. I went to bed early (there's that old lady again).


Sunday we drove and drove and ended up in Bath. It is the cutest little town. We didn't have a lot of time, so Sarah and I split from the group (we were allowed to dad, and it was completely safe). We took a tour of the Jane Austen Center, picked up pastys (basically a hot pocket type food), and then rushed through the Roman Baths. It was all so awesome. The Roman Baths were really a sight to see. I even bought some Bath water in cute little jar. Yes I am a tourist.

Then we drove some more and hit Stonehenge. It was, of course, smaller in person.


Happy to be home that night, as it had been a long day, I went to bed early.
Monday I had class. I still thoroughly enjoy everyone in it. We have so much goofy fun.
I got out of class at one that day so Sarah and I decided to hit St. Paul's Cathedral. We got there (by the way we are now pros at the tube...it's really easy, so don't be as impressed as we are), we looked around for about half an hour, and took half a dozen pictures. Then we walked up to the entrance, where we were greeted by a man who said, "We're closed for now." I politely asked what time they would re-open, the man replied, "Tomorrow at half past eight." Typical.
There was a French cafe across the street so we stopped in there. I had tea and creme brulee, and Sarah had coffee and a molten chocolate cake. We laughed at the fact that it was our favorite meal so far and it was in a French cafe.
That night was games night. It was a lot of fun. My team, consisting of me, Sarah, Jennifer, and Dorothy, went from first place in the first round, to last place in the third and final round. What can we say, the questions got harder.
Yesterday and today were pretty bland days. Went to class, did some laundry, did some homework. I can't wait to have my days free to sight see until my hearts content. One more day of class and then I will!
For next time: We have Karoake Thursday night, so that will be a fun one!

What did I learn while "studying" abroad today? I need to learn my lesson and check online first to make sure the places will be open!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like you are having a great time! Keep the posts/photos coming! :)

Brijo said...

were you allowed to dip your feet in the water??? I'm really curious. Because it looks sooooooo tempting.