Wednesday, July 2, 2008

No toilet???

Today I got up, went for a run/jog/brisk walk (whatever you want to call it). I came back and was able to nab the shower before anyone else. Things were going great, the pressure in the showers here is amazing. Then suddenly the pressure started to lighten. I didn't think much of it, so I lathered up my loofah and washed my body, when it came time to rinse the pressure had lightened to a tiny trickle of scalding hot water. I did the best I could, and rinsed off. By the time I was done with the acrobats that result from only having a trickle to work with, the water had actually stopped coming out. Apparantly there was a problem with the water and not even the toilets were working. Needless to say this stressed me out. Us Mello ladies need our toilets. I could not go to bed tonight without a toilet. It would just be too much, I would have to pee constantly if there was no toilet!
I went to class and used the toilet often.
I went to the library, and figured out how to print papers. This was an activity that could have waited until a later day, but why would I go back to the land of no toilets?
I anxiously walked back to the dorms, where lo and behold the water had been fixed, and the toilets are in working order.
A huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders!

So what did I learn while "studying" abroad today? Take fast showers!

4 comments:

Mom said...

I totally get the need for a toilet - I wonder where you get that from! Glad everything is in working order now! Love you

Lynda said...

Hi Kim, Thank you for living my dream! I am happy you are having
so much fun! Love your blog. Lynda

Brijo said...

Kim! Your blog is awesome!! Now that I'm working in IT, it gives me something to do other than picking up phone calls (I don't have many of those, anyway). Your pictures are really cool! and your toilet blog was funny!!! try living that EVERY single day at the hostels I stayed at when I was over there hahahaha. You can't complain, though. You got it fixed QUICK and you are in London!!!

you miss us yet??

--B

Auntie Em said...

kim, if there is anyone who understands the stress of lathering completely up to than having to rinse off with water bottle its me! well for you it was trickling water i got thrown a water bottle..(joann im talking about montana) ;) but im glad its working and im glad to hear your still having a good time. love ya!